หน้าเว็บ

วันเสาร์ที่ 5 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2557

Changing Life : University Life.

Before I start, I would like to say that I have not written a proper one using alphabets since I was a college sophomore. I was quite crazy about writing at that time because I was studying articles, poems and proses as part of my English Language major. All the effort put into mastering the language only got me a Grade B, which would not have been the case if I was studying Thai! Haha… I created 10 short stories which can be found here within one school term. Some may think of them as nothing fantastic, but I must say, they were one of my few best works.



Well, let’s get into my story now… It all began when I started my first job. I had finished university late by one term due to many reasons (friends, alcohol girls, games…), which resulted in me getting an F for English Journalism.

Upon completion of my last semester, I was given the opportunity to work with the same foundation that I was attached to for my internship. I was a translator for overseas students. A salary was given to me, but it was regarded as a “service charge”. The strange irony is that my current job does not pay as well as they did! Anyway, my ex-colleagues and the foundation president drank every weekend. Although one would classify them as drunks, their work ethics and quality were impeccable. I was with them for 10 weeks or 3 months until the project was finished. It was at that moment when I knew I had to find a real job. The president offered me the advice of working in the capital city of Bangkok, where I would attain ample work exposure, and wished me all the best.


The following month, this country boy moved to Bangkok. Even though I was not exactly sure why I was there, fortunately, my cousins from my mother’s side were also stationed in the big city. A month passed but I found myself stuck at home playing game. Feeling my life drain away, I told myself that it was time to secure a job immediately. However, I did not know how to go about doing so. I started calling friends up and discovered that many of them were already working in the capital. I learnt how to prepare a formal resume and submitted it online. A few days later, I received a call for a job offer at a cafeteria but I did not expect what it would have eventually entailed.




2 ความคิดเห็น: